Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Trade Coordinator in our Vancouver office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
The primary responsibilities for the Trader Coordinator include processing trades, assisting the Traders with transactions and providing a high level of customer services to Olympia Trust Company’s external clients. For this position, knowledge of the financial industry is an asset.
As the ideal candidate, you are independent but fully capable to work within a team environment. You are detail-oriented individual who is able to process large volumes of information, while being able to thrive in an ever changing fast-paced work culture.
- Process trades across multiple cities
- Assist traders with the correction of information and confirmations
- Answer calls, emails and fax correspondence regarding transfers from internal and external sources
- Follow instructions and protocol from the team
- Organize in-house couriers throughout the day
- Confirm banking receipts and payments from clients
- Thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required, such as transfers out
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions and sound judgments
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience is required
- 1-2 years’ experience in administration
- Experience within a bank is an asset
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Prior foreign exchange or financial services industry experience is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.