Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
The Systems Analyst role is a Tier II / Tier III role in the IT Support division of Olympia Financial Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily technical support for the employee base, daily analysis and monitoring of security and system alerts, and participate in management of IT assets, network, and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical aptitude, experience, and exposure to a wide variety of IT foundations such as desktop support, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Exchange, Windows server, networking fundamentals, security fundamentals, and the ability to learn in-house software and systems.
As the ideal candidate, you must be able to deliver results in a dynamic and team-oriented environment. You must able to multitask and able to thrive in an ever-changing environment, build relationships naturally, adapt quickly, and communicate effectively.
- Monitor and resolve daily support requests via email, system generated alerts, ticketing systems, support lines, and escalations from the IT support team
- Monitoring and analysis of daily security alerts and notifications from multiple security platforms for signs of malware, phishing, intrusion, data exfiltration, or any other compromise of data integrity
- Collaborate with our IT Support team and business users in resolving issues and providing solutions across various software platforms including the Microsoft suite, 3rd party software, cloud-hosted applications, and in-house software
- Aid with hardware deployments, configuration, and troubleshooting across a wide range of situations from desktop deployments, mobile devices, to datacenter servers/switches/appliances
- Assist the Team Lead, Information Services with Tier III support tasks including working with vendors and managed services providers to troubleshoot issues, patch and maintain infrastructure systems, or implement new technology solutions
- Communicate effectively with business stakeholders in addressing issues, planning, solutioning, or conveying information effectively to IT management
- Participate in ITIL change management practices, including performing changes outside of business hours
- Passion for solving problems, investigating code issues and business logic
- Able to think outside of the box in a variety of conditions to assist and expand the abilities of the IT Support team
- Adept in working within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with external parties and communicate both IT and business needs effectively and professionally
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time & project management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and details
- Open to extended and/or flexible working hours outside of standard business hours
- Diligent and responsible in checking communications and alerts or performing on-call duties as required
- Ability to learn new technologies and perform critical thinking under pressure
Necessary Experience and Skills
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology, Networking, Computer Science, or relevant IT certifications (IE: Microsoft MTA -> MCSE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, etc.)
- IT desktop, networking, and infrastructure experience (3+ years)
- Understanding of, and experience with Microsoft platforms such as Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, File Permissions, Windows Server, Exchange Server/Outlook, Windows 10, Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Understanding of basic networking and security concepts to be able to troubleshoot networking issues and analyze security alerts (IE: IPs, subnetting, VLANs, ports, protocols, traffic, etc.)
- Experience with or certifications in computer hardware, infrastructure, or datacenter experience
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, patching, and maintaining desktop and infrastructure assets
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
- Strong grasp and ability to use command line tools (IE: PowerShell, Azure CLI, VMware CLI, Linux, Cisco IOS, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting, management, and scripting
- Understanding of Web and Application Services (IE: IIS, WordPress, Apache, Azure app services, etc.)
- Experience with VOIP telephony (Microsoft Lync, Cisco UC, Ring Central, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic database fundamentals (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals – routing, switching, firewalls, etc.
- Good experience with managing Microsoft Cloud infrastructure – Azure Portal, Resource Manager, O365 Portal, Exchange Online
- Working knowledge in Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Strong grasp of mobile devices and platforms (IOS, Android)
- Security certifications such as SANs training, etc.
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.