Are you looking for a meaningful and personal work experience? Well look no further because here at Olympia “With Us It’s Personal”!
Olympia is a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic financial company that provides administrative services to our client in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. As we have multiple corporate entities, we provide an array of positions where employees have the capability to examine new and sometimes unique career paths and opportunities.
If you want to enjoy going to work each day and making a difference, Olympia is the perfect place to foster and grow your career. We have a work hard play hard environment, high performing teams, and an amazing team to help us continue to innovate our game-changing products and services.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Exhilarating company events, such as: Stampede Breakfast, Pool Table Tournament, Halloween Party, and Christmas Party in Banff National Park
Now is the time to join us, as we are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018!
Exempt Edge Inc. is growing. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and energetic Fintech company that is changing the Canadian financial services industry. We are seeking a Rockstar PHP developer with strong leadership skills, attention to detail and experience with unit tests.
Exempt Edge Inc. is a division of the Olympia Financial Group and a leader in building SAAS solutions for the Private Capital Market.
This person must be able to work with our Vice President, Enterprise Architect and Developers to deliver a quality solution to our Business Stakeholders and clients.
- Custom Software development of Exempt Edge solutions in PHP/Laravel and MySQL
- Creation of automated tests for existing and future projects developed withy Laravel
- Create REST-based APIs to integrate Exempt Edge solutions with other Olympia Financial Group software, and third parties
- Strong understanding of PHPUnit or similar testing framework
- Ability to write effective unit tests which can be used to accelerate deployment timeframes
- Provides excellent communication to clients and the business team
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (3+ years)
- 3+ years software development experience in PHP/Laravel
- Strong understanding of the MVC architecture
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, VSTS
- Ability to learn new things and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities
- Candidate must be self-motivated and ready to jump in today!
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- An effective communicator with a passion for delivering results for clients and the team
- Experience with PHPunit testing
- Experience writing web APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Background in Web API Security (OAuth)
- Exposure to the agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Financial applications experience an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A great company culture (rated Alberta’s Top 70 Employers)
- The chance to be a part of a small but dynamic team who’s cutting edge software is changing the Canadian financial services industry
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.