Are you looking for a meaningful and personal work experience? Well look no further because here at Olympia “With Us It’s Personal”!
Olympia is a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic financial company that provides administrative services to our client in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. As we have multiple corporate entities, we provide an array of positions where employees have the capability to examine new and sometimes unique career paths and opportunities.
If you want to enjoy going to work each day and making a difference, Olympia is the perfect place to foster and grow your career. We have a work hard play hard environment, high performing teams, and an amazing team to help us continue to innovate our game-changing products and services.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
- Exhilarating company events, such as: Stampede Breakfast, Pool Table Tournament, Halloween Party, and Christmas Party in Banff National Park
Now is the time to join us, as we are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018!
Who We Are
Interested in working at a fun, fresh and energetic start-up Tech Company? If so, Exempt Edge Inc. is the place for you!
Exempt Edge offers total software solutions for all participants of the Canadian Private Capital Markets, including: Mortgage Investment Corporations, Exempt Market Dealers, Dealing Representatives, Issuers, Fund Managers and more. Our goal is to revolutionize the industry by developing cutting edge software solutions for our clients.
Exempt Edge Inc. is the newest division of the Olympia Financial Group (TSX: OLY) which has over 20 years of experience working with clients in the Private Capital Markets of Canada
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a MYSQL Database Administrator, on a full time permanent position.
The ideal candidate in this role has experience with MySQL database administration using CLI and GUI Tools with exposure to ETL Process. Outstanding attention to detail and must be able to deliver results in a dynamic, team-oriented environment while adapting quickly to ever-changing priorities. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who is able to process large volumes of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Building relationships should come naturally to you and possessing effective communication skills is essential for success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work effectively with our development team and Client Success Manager to ensure a well-designed and timely onboarding experience for new clients.
- Systemize the onboarding experience and build a knowledge base of best practices for future onboarding specialists
- Evaluating existing systems and designing database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, privacy, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Participating in change management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following client change management standards and procedures
- Monitoring and tuning SQL Server database performance
- Monitoring and responding to alerts posted from client databases
- Continuously strive to improve our current onboarding processes and procedures
- Can implement and maintain industry best practices for database backup and recovery processes
- 3+ years of MYSQL server database administration including maintenance, troubleshooting and support
- Providing database security administration such as User ID’s, Passwords, roles, etc.
- Cloning and refreshing of databases
- BS or BA Degree
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with big data and data wrangling
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Database backup and recovery
- Creating and deploying automated schedule jobs / tasks via Cron/Cron Tab
- Understanding of PHP scripts
- Exposure to ETL Process
- Skill in using CLI Gui/Web based tools like MySQL, Workbench and phpMyAdmin
- Financial services experience an asset
- Experience with Python and/or PHP a definite asset
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all situations and with information being handled
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Strongly self-motivated
- Positive outlook
- The ability to jump in and get started right away
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume