The Onboarding Associate is an entry-level position that provides the necessary knowledge and experience to advance into roles such as The KYC Specialist, Administrative Coordinator, or Compliance Associate. As such, contributing high-quality work with a positive attitude and a growth mindset is essential.
The Onboarding Associate is responsible for onboarding new clients, maintaining files, completing reports, keeping diligent records and frequent communication with the KYC Specialist. Additionally, they play a critical role in maintaining the company’s compliance with relevant anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), FinCEN and FINTRAC requirements, generally, CIP/KYC requirements, FTC Act, and other relevant legislation, regulations, and internal policies and procedures applicable to the Olympia Trust Company.
As the ideal candidate, you are independent but fully capable to work within a team environment. You are rigorously detail-oriented and can process large volumes of information while thriving in an ever-changing fast-paced work environment. You take initiative and contribute to an existing culture of innovation, integrity and professionalism.
- Upholds the division and Olympia’s reputation and values, while promoting our motto “With Us, It’s Personal” in all interactions with employees, clients and business associates
- Remain up to date on all Olympia products, services, legislative requirements
- Maintain and prioritize the central inbox for all KYC related inquiries
- Efficiently manage the task list to meet deadlines throughout the day
- Develop and maintain customer accounts based on applications, and email correspondence
- Conduct event or time driven periodic reviews
- Ensure insufficient records are well documented, and communicated with the KYC Specialist in a timely manner.
- Identify and report high risk factors and indicators of money laundering and terrorist financing to the KYC Specialist
- Own the execution of day to day operational activities to maintain effective and efficient customer services
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and diligence
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and strong personal credibility when establishing personal relationships and working with sophisticated clients
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions and sound judgments
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities under strict deadlines
Experience and Skills
- Must have experience with KYC, client onboarding, and/or FINTRAC regulations
- Prior financial services industry experience is beneficial
- Advanced internet searching skills
- Knowing how to navigate business information sources such as World-Check, Bloomberg, Provincial and Federal Corporate Registries, etc., is an added advantage
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; type a minimum of 40 WPM
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.