Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Generous Vacation Payout
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
The Financial Writer will be responsible for creating a wide range of content to support Olympia’s new Blog. Based in Calgary, you will be responsible for attending weekly in-office meetings with our CEO and Marketing Manager to gather insights and brainstorm content ideas. The ideal candidate has editorial content experience and demonstrates an understanding of the indented audience; interprets marketing research and can use findings to focus targeted messaging.
- Develop creative and interesting content for blogs
- Develop, communicate and execute content plans
- Video recording/collection, editing and producing
- Manage researching, fact-checking, writing, editing and proofing of digital and print materials on deadline.
- Monitor key industry issues and stay current on product development, industry trends, and issues
- Engage and follow company best practices and provide a voice to company vision and strategy
- Deliver innovative and integrated solutions to meet client’s business needs
- Interviews corporate and industry subject matter experts to develop content for analysis and discussion
- Identify, research, write, package and distribute stories that support lead generation, sales, thought leadership, and Member engagement targets.
- Assisting marketing manager with day to day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested.
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Organized and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure
- An innovator with confidence in making editorial decisions
- This position requires someone who is comfortable working both independently and cooperatively in a team environment, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter
- A portfolio of work demonstrating financial literacy in written works
- Captivating ideas and the ability to express them
- Advanced knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Is self-organized and manages multiple deadlines on numerous concurrent jobs
- SEO and SEM experience are a significant plus
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.