Are you looking for a meaningful and personal work experience? Well look no further because here at Olympia “With Us It’s Personal”!
Olympia is a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic financial company that provides administrative services to our client in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. As we have multiple corporate entities, we provide an array of positions where employees have the capability to examine new and sometimes unique career paths and opportunities.
If you want to enjoy going to work each day and making a difference, Olympia is the perfect place to foster and grow your career. We have a work hard play hard environment, high performing teams, and an amazing team to help us continue to innovate our game-changing products and services.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Exhilarating company events, such as: Stampede Breakfast, Pool Table Tournament, Halloween Party, and Christmas Party in Banff National Park
Now is the time to join us, as we are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018!
The ideal candidate in this role has experience working with large sets of data with exposure to the ETL Process. Outstanding attention to detail and must be able to deliver results in a dynamic, team-oriented environment while adapting quickly to ever-changing priorities. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who is able to process large volumes of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Building relationships should come naturally to you and possessing effective communication skills is essential for success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work effectively with our development team and Client Success Manager to ensure a well-designed and timely data onboarding experience for new clients
- Ensuring data integrity and security
- Writing MYSQL scripts to merge and analyze various data sets, identify anomalies, and errors within the data using Excel
- Confidence to work independently
- Ability to develop, automate, and document custom data workflows to move data between systems;
- Mine, organize and analyze data to assist in providing strategic insights and reporting
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations to communicate findings to internal team
- Understand latest analytical and technological trends, and suggest opportunities for product enhancements and new features
- Strong communication, dynamic and critical thinking, and story-telling ability (through data) to influence and propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you
- Passion for analytics – driven to understand and interpret data, rather than merely producing reports
- Design and deliver automated report solutions that summarize and transform data from various data sources into understandable, actionable information
- Develop and improve data mart structures and BI report development/delivery processes to improve efficiency, usability, consistency, reliability and relevance of reports
- University degree in mathematics, computer science, actuarial science, or a related discipline
- Accurate and advanced Excel skills are preferred including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation
- Experience with big data and data wrangling
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Financial services industry experience an asset
- Experience with Python statistical software and/or PHP is an asset
- 5+ years creating automated reports, using advanced techniques with various systems and tools, and with emphasis on efficient, high quality code and identification/mitigation of data integrity problems
- 3+ years and a solid understanding of My SQL, and other DB constructs including stored procedures, functions, views and execution plans.
- 5+ years, a solid understanding, and demonstrated ability to apply Data Warehouse and Data Modeling methodologies into practice. With a focus on the ability to understand the underlying data sources and translating that knowledge into mapping documents and requirements for ETL developers
- Experience providing guidance on technical solutions, critical thinking, and storytelling via data
- Hands on experience developing reports
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all situations and with information being handled
- Strong customer/client focus with the ability to listen, identify key issues, advise and maintain confidentiality
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Strongly self-motivated with a positive outlook
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.