Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Contract SQL Database Administrator in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Generous Vacation Payout
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
About Exempt Edge Inc.
Exempt Edge is growing and we are looking to add driven and talented individuals to our small but dynamic team. We offer total software solutions for all participants of the Canadian Private Capital Markets, including: Mortgage Investment Corporations, Exempt Market Dealers, Dealing Representatives, Issuers, Fund Managers and more. Our goal is to revolutionize the industry by developing cutting edge software solutions for our clients.
Exempt Edge Inc. is the newest division of the Olympia Financial Group (TSX: OLY) which has over 20 years of experience working with clients in the Private Capital Markets of Canada.
We are looking for a SQL Database Administrator, on a 6-month contract with the potential for full time employment.
As SQL Database Administrator, your role includes the wrangling of historical client data so that it can be uploaded via SQL into the Exempt Edge software, as well as providing clients with training and support when needed.
The ideal candidate in this role will have experience with SQL and database administration, outstanding attention to detail and must be able to deliver results in a dynamic, team-oriented environment while adapting quickly to ever-changing priorities. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who is able to process large volumes of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Building relationships should come naturally to you and possessing effective communication skills is essential for success.
- Work effectively with our development team and Client Success Manager to ensure a well-designed and timely onboarding experience for new clients
- Systemize the onboarding experience and build a knowledge base of best practices for future onboarding specialists
- Thoroughly learn Exempt Edge Software and become a power user
- Continuously strive to improve our current onboarding processes and procedures
- Ensure security and privacy of our client’s data at all time by following policies and procedures
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all situations and with information being handled
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Strongly self-motivated
- Positive outlook
- The ability to jump in and get started right away
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of SQL server database administration SQL Server database administration including maintenance, troubleshooting and support
- Providing database security administration such as User ID’s, Passwords, roles, etc.
- Cloning and refreshing of databases
- Participating in change management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following client change management standards and procedures
- Monitoring and tuning SQL Server database performance
- Monitoring and responding to alerts posted from client databases
- BS or BA Degree
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with client onboarding
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with big data and data wrangling
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Financial services experience an asset
- Experience with Python and/or PHP a definite asset
- Familiarity with agile methodology
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume