PHP Developer, Information Technology
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a PHP Developer, Information Technology in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Generous Vacation Payout
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
About the Job
Position Title: PHP Developer
Position Type: 6-Month Contract
Date Required: Immediately
Exempt Edge Inc. is growing. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join this dynamic, energetic company. Exempt Edge Inc. is a division of the Olympia Financial Group working with clients in the private capital markets of Canada. Exempt Edge Inc. is a leader in building technological solutions for the exempt market:
- CRM2 Reporting for Investors
- Investor Management, KYC/KYP and product shelf solutions for Dealers
- Investor Statements, Commission Tracking and Reporting for Issuers
Exempt Edge Inc. is looking for the right person to fill the role of a PHP Developer in our Calgary office to aid in the development of Exempt Edge solutions. This person must be able to work with our Vice President, Enterprise Architect and Developers to deliver a quality solution to our Business Stakeholders and clients.
- Custom Software development of Exempt Edge solutions in PHP/Laravel and MySQL
- Create REST-based APIs to integrate Exempt Edge solutions with other Olympia Financial Group software, and third parties
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (3+ years)
- 3+ years software development experience in PHP/Laravel
- Strong understanding of the MVC architecture
- GUI development and design (HTML, CSS)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of jQuery
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Ability to learn new things and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities
- Candidate must be self-motivated and ready to jump in today!
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience writing web APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Background in Web API Security (OAuth)
- Exposure to the agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Financial applications experience an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A great company culture (rated Alberta’s Top 70 Employers)
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now