Manager, Financial and Business Reporting
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2018 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Manager, Financial and Business Reporting in our Calgary office.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary roles include undertaking all aspects of Financial and business reporting, including, business intelligence, dashboards, budget and forecasts preparation, accounting, regulatory and financial reporting monthly management reports, as well as managing our ATM team.
The ideal candidate must be able to deliver results in a dynamic environment and provide strategic guidance to multiple divisions – each with their own unique culture, values, and maturity. This business minded leader will provide clear reporting that improves the decision making of our entrepreneurial leaders. Our successful candidate is able to thrive in an ever-changing environment, builds relationships naturally, adapts quickly, and communicates effectively.
- Manage all accounting operations including accounts receivable, general ledgers, inventory, and revenue recognition to financial statement preparation and presentation.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of divisional and groups’ budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Enhance the monthly business intelligence and dashboards to highlight key economic indicators and facilitate timely decisions.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly management reports
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting to various bodies
- Support month-end and year-end processes and optimize processes
- Ensure quality control and compliance over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist the Controller in managing the quarterly and year-end reporting and audit process with external auditors
- Thorough understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures as well as penalties for not meeting those AML requirements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Act professional in all situations
- Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize projects
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Through knowledge of accounting policies and procedures under IFRS
- Act as the leader and mentor to the team, assisting when necessary and providing expert knowledge
Experience and Skills
- Accounting designation is required
- 5 years of experience in management and financial reporting
- 10 years of overall combined accounting, finance, budget, and reporting experience
- Experience with dashboards and business intelligence
- Experience with financial statement preparation and audits
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end and year-end processes
- Understand and be able to utilize Accounting software/Accpac effectively
- Strong leadership and organizing skills
- An analytical mind, good with numbers and problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel, Word and
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here