Junior Currency Trader - Vancouver
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in four areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Junior Currency Trader in our Calgary office.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary role includes working with the Senior Traders, Account Managers, and prospective clients to build relationships and the Olympia Trust Company brand. This role is 95% inside sales and involves a high level of communication regarding client accounts and the current market. Training for the Junior Currency Trader position is in-depth and very detailed on an ongoing basis, the ability to adjust to changing environments and priorities is essential.
As the ideal candidate, you are independent but fully capable to work within a team environment. You are familiar with inside sales and current trends in this market. You are detail-oriented individual who is able to process large volumes of information, while being able to thrive in an ever changing fast-paced work culture.
- Assisting Traders with day to day operations
- Generate new business leads for the team
- Build strong relationships between Olympia Trust Company and each client
- Process transactions including all required documentation
- Monitor currency markets and keep clients appraised of ongoing developments
- Conduct prospecting calls to identify potential clients that meet sales requirements
- Follow instructions from the Account Manager regarding sales orders
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Desire to engage and quickly connect with clients
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions and sound independent judgement
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail
Experience and Skills
- Post-Secondary education is preferred
- Completion of high school is required
- Preference given to candidates with 1 year of sales experience
- Knowledge of the Foreign Exchange industry is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
- Number of new accounts that have been acquired
- Amount of prospecting calls that have been placed
- Consistently delivers a high level of customer service
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.