Desktop Support Analyst
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in four areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Analyst in our Calgary office.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary role is to provide exceptional customer service to our employees. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems, help our users install applications and programs and provide assistance with PC relocation and configuration.
The Desktop Support Analyst responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use an IT ticketing system and chat applications to give quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will either contact the individual via phone and provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals or physically visit the individual.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree or certificate in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. If you enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person that our customers and employees trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Taking ownership of customer and employee issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Address user requests regarding hardware, software and networking
- Installing applications and computer peripherals
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers, network/email support)
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, set-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Report feedback and potential product requests
- Assist with desk moves
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Ability to learn new technologies and grow in coding capabilities
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and ready to jump in today
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Excellent client service and confident working directly with users
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent certification in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. JIRA, Zendesk, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now